My Trader Joe’s Half Day Juice Cleanse

Hacked more expensive juice offerings and came up with this two-meal juice cleanse plan.

I am not a nutritionist nor a qualified medical professional though skipping two meals probably wouldn’t be a big concern. (I realize that some people are advised to eat frequently.)  There will be no mention of the word *detox* in this blog post. I devised this half day cleanse to give my digestive tract a break, to take a break from post-pandemic cooking, which is tough, and to get more mindful about food consumption. With a total of 520 calories, this plan may possibly meet the caloric requirements for two meals.

For a half day, that’s two meals, breakfast and lunch, one juice every two hours.

1 Cold Pressed Juice Green, 90 calories

1 Cold Pressed Juice Red, 110 calories

1 Banana & Almond Butter Protein Smoothie, 320 calories – for the home stretch

Add a Suja Cold-Pressed Lemon Ginger Cayenne depending on your ambition.

Followed up with a lighter than usual dinner.  A salad with protein would have been better.  I did this during some spring cleaning, totally habit stacking and being a saint of stoicism.



 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uh oh! So many leaks all over the place….

Are you ok? The K‑Shaped Economy

One Day Barista Training at the New Jersey Coffee School