Homemade Mushroom Lentil Burger

 Vegan Burger Recipes – by Merle O'Neal, YouTube

I followed the recipe below to a tee except my mix became too liquid too quickly since I have a blender not a food processor handy. So I added 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour. It worked. The patties formed nicely once the g-free flour was added.  There were no baking instructions in the print version of the recipe, so I baked at 345 degrees for 30 minutes, flipped the patties for ten more minutes. The next time I’ll try 15 minutes, then flip for 15 minutes more.

MUSHROOM LENTIL BURGER

1 tablespoon chia seeds

3 tablespoons water

3 tablespoons olive oil,

Divided 8 oz mushrooms finely chopped

1 tablespoon soy sauce

½ tsp turmeric

½ tsp cumin

1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce

½ teaspoon smoked paprika

1 small onion

Diced 2 cloves garlic minced

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon pepper

1 ½ cups lentils

Cooked 1 cup oats

Added: 1/1/2 cup of gluten free flour

Mix together in a food processor or blender and then form patties on a baking tray. Baking directions above.

Verdict:  A little bit of an improvement on veggie burger products because the ingredients are fresh. The flour didn’t make it taste baked. I won’t dwell on the accompanying Trader Joe’s Gluten-Free English Muffin.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole Foods 365 Organic Plant-Based Bolognese Pasta Sauce