My gray jeans wore out. 👖2% Elastane

I found a new pair I liked at Gap Factory online since there’s no longer Gap at 34th Street.  After reading the reviews and assessing the size chart, I purchased a style I liked, the Mid-Rise Baby Boot Jeans with Washwell. All information would indicate that the Size 28-Size 6 would fit me best. I got the jeans, tried them on, they fit me perfectly. The next time, when I really wore them, though, they ended up sliding down almost past my hips. Why?  2% Elastane.

Elastane changed the jeans market more than any other technological development, as far as I’m concerned. Jeans are like leggings now, or are actual leggings, jeggings. It’s difficult to turn back to the stiff, 100% cotton after experiencing the elastane, though many consumers do so, for a host of reasons, such as fashion, sustainability and fit.

I returned the jeans and purchased the same pair, Size 27-Size 4. While they were initially tight, two hours later they fit perfectly. Gap is a mass brand. The sizing is part of their appeal, along with their history of brand loyalists, dynamic pricing and return policy.  Gap’s cooler competitor, Levi’s, don’t fit me at all, but that’s a story for another day.

#jeans #elastane 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole Foods 365 Organic Plant-Based Bolognese Pasta Sauce