Freegan-ing an End Table: A Small Space Problem Solved

The end table is an industrial-style open-cubby nightstand or end table, featuring a natural finish wood box nested inside a thin black metal minimalist frame. It epitomizes Dupe Nation. There are versions of it across the spectrum from CB2 to West Elm to Bed Bath and Beyond to Walmart.

This version resembles the Industrial Modern Iron and Wood Nightstand End Table from Woodwaves at $546.00.  The freegan-ed one is definitely on the lower end with nails on the top surface, unless it was built wrong, which is a possibility. 

I was looking at a few of the plant stands around $60.00 to $80.00 on Wayfair.  That would require internet shopping, tax, cardboard, shipping, more carbon footprint and assembly.  Without looking, the plant stands are probably made of some hybrid of wood and plastic, just like the plethora of cotton polyester blend clothes around. I saved expenses, shipping, stress on myself and stress on the planet.

And an end table proved to be a better option.

All I had to do was drag it a few blocks. It fits the area with a little space floating around it. I can sell or thrift it when I want.  One reason to save things:  once these pieces are rained on while streetside, they are difficult to salvage. We see it all the time. Another reason why to save what you can. 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Semi-Sustainable Lo-Fi Coffee & Tea Corner for Fall

Strawberry Glaze Skin Smoothie (Copycat Hailey Bieber/Erewhon‑Style)

Millennial Inheritance Community